THEMA Consulting - Consulting companies, governments and other institutions on the energy transition
THEMA provides independent and thorough expert analysis and advice in the energy sector. Our market reports, models and tailored analyses help investors and utilities to make informed investment decisions in renewable energy, flexibility solutions, hydrogen technologies, and more. We also help ministries and regulators in shaping an efficient market design, and we support companies in strategic and organisational decision-making.
Our consultants have a wide range of backgrounds, ranging from economics, business studies, IT, mathematics, and physics, to engineering (including nanotechnology, and cybernetics) and other subjects. Working at THEMA means collaborating closely with and learning from highly skilled experts, as well as operating in a truly interdisciplinary environment.
At THEMA, we also hope to learn from you. We strongly value and support an open discussion culture to promote new ideas and creative ways of thinking. True to our Scandinavian company values, we enjoy and live a flat hierarchical structure and open dialogue among colleagues.
- THEMA offers a broad range of services. From these, our colleagues select where they can best apply their skills. And so will you. However, to give you an idea, below are some of our analysts’ main tasks
- Conducting market research, applying basic skills in quantitative evaluations
- Assess the qualitative impact of policy and regulation such as power market design, RES support schemes, climate policy, and grid regulation
- Conceptual and contextual work on proposals, THEMA publications and presentations
- Communication and presentation of project results to clients and in workshops
- If you´d like to work more quantitatively, you can join our modelling team and work with our power and gas market models, improve our data pipelines, use optimisation algorithms, solve hedging problems, etc.
- Fresh from university or some first work experience
- Programming knowledge is welcome for those who want to join our modelling and data team
- A curious mind, the desire to speed up the energy transition, and the wish to improve your quantitative and qualitative skills. We will support your learning trajectory as much as we can
- English is required, fluency in German is desirable, any other language is a plus
- Our work consists in delivering excellent answers to difficult questions, so we expect you to be both rigorous in your research and imaginative when developing solutions
- We juggle several different tasks every day and depend on your ideas. The ability to structure your own work and proactively share ideas with your colleagues will thus be helpful
- You like to give and receive feedback, and enjoy learning from other people´s knowledge and skills, as well as sharing your own expertise
What we offer:
- Work with many varied tasks that require intellectual curiosity and creativity
- Become part of a dynamic work environment in a renowned and highly professional energy consultancy
- Develop your skills and knowledge as a part of a collaborative and non-hierarchical organisation. We support each other and generally maintain an open approach that is relaxed and respectful while still being intellectually serious
- Be a key pillar of our business expansion in Germany, Switzerland, and Austria. At THEMA you will have ample room to take the initiative and develop your own ideas and projects
- Have a life: We are consultants, but extra hours get paid, and we are happy when our colleagues enjoy time with their friends/family/pets/hobbies outside work
- Earn a good living: We offer you a competitive salary, a company-supported pension plan, a newspaper abonnement, personal mobile phone, etc.
- A great workplace in the heart of Berlin: We share the location with a large pool of other institutions and companies advancing the energy transition. This has already facilitated many collaborations, and in summer we always have lunch together in the patio.
How to apply:
If you fit the profile and would like to join our team, we would truly welcome your application to get to know you better.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact Marcus Franken (phone: +49 151 5504 9381; email: email@example.com
), or Lukas Feldhaus (phone: +49 152 3468 8512, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis.